FLUDEX couplings are hydrodynamic fluid couplings operating according to the Föttinger principle. The coupling parts on the input and output side are not mechanically connected and thus not subject to wear. Torque is transmitted by the fluid movement in the coupling accelerated by the radial blades.
- Soft and shock less starting of machines and conveyors
- Acceleration of very large masses without the necessity to use over dimensioned motors
- Protection of drive against peak loads in case of frequent starting and reversing operations
- Excellent vibration separation and shock damping; greatest possible extent of torsional vibration uncoupling in drives subject to vibration.
FLENDER FLUDEX Fluid Coupling
The FLUDEX coupling is a fluid coupling on which the coupling parts on the input and output side are not mechanically connected and thus resistant to wear. FLUDEX couplings limit the starting and the maximum torque in the drive train and serve as starting aid for the motor, as overload protection in case of malfunction, and for torsional vibration separation. Four series of FLUDEX couplings are offered with various types and sizes designed according to the modular construction system and for power ratings up to 2,500 kW.
Examples of Application
- Conveying systems (also underground)
- Drum drives
- Bucket wheel excavators
- PTO shaft generators
Advantages of the Product
- Soft and shockless starting of machines and conveyors
- Torque limitation during start and overload protects coupled components of a plant
- Excellent vibration separation and shock damping
- Torque transmission without wear allows the starting of internal combustion engines with connected loads
- Little operating slip of the coupling at nominal load
- Can be used in potentially explosive atmospheres; certified acc. to 94/9/EC (ATEX 95)